Our trip on 8/22/16 to Ocean Grove was terrific. Gordon Turk's two hour presentation held over 50 organists and guests' (from Northern, Metro, and Central chapters) attention as he told the history of the organ, and then brilliantly improvised for 15 minutes showing off the beautiful colors of the Hope-Jones organ. The dinner for 37 of us at Stella Marina was equal to the task of following up on Gordon's presentation. Need I mention the weather?
Welcome to Northern New Jersey's new website!
The Northern NJ Chapter of the American Guild of Organists is a professional organization of organists, church musicians, and organ enthusiasts, who work together to promote, teach and educate each other about the organ and its profession.
Membership is open to all. There are many benefits to being a member of our chapter. The yearly dues paid to through our national headquarters at www.agohq.org will provide these member benefits:
- A year's subscription to The American Organist, our national magazine
- A chapter newsletter mailed out monthly containing news of concerts, member's notes, and a calendar of events
- Approximately 8 meetings a year, featuring choral and/or organ workshops, concerts, social events
- Access to colleagues' addresses and phones
- Trips to major venues such as the Ocean Grove Auditorium, West Point Chapel, Philadelphia's Wannamaker organ
- Advertising for your musical events, workshops
- Lists of substitutes and job openings
- Benefits from the National Headquarters of the AGO which can be found at www.agohq.org.
Please be patient!